As we develop our launch plans for the new multiplexes, if you are interested in providing a service on any multiplex, please let us know.
We have a MuxCo Service Provider Questionaire, which can be downloaded from this page.
The application process is:
- All applicants must complete the attached questionnaire.
- Only valid and completed application form will be assessed. Further information may be sought to assist in the evaluation of applications.
- Applications which we wish to enter a contract with, will be contacted as to this fact and will be sent a draft contract.
- Before entering into any contract, we will wish to seek confirmation of the following:
- Sight of a valid DSPS licence
- Confirmation of the applicant’s ability to pay the fees detailed in the contract. This would involve confirmation from a bank or financial adviser, and sight of a business plan.
Muxco Service Provider Questionnaire
Click here for more information about being service provider
Included in Ofcom’s latest consultation document there is the following statement:
“In March 2010, the then Secretary of State for DCMS asked Ofcom to lead a formal process to consider the future coverage planning requirements of DAB digital radio to prepare for a possible digital switchover, and to make recommendations to Ministers.
…This work has now commenced and is likely to take around one year to complete.”
Does this mean therefore that none of the MuxCo multiplexes will be able to launch before Spring 2011, when Ofcom’s work will be completed?
Remember it also takes up to six months to build and install once agreement is reached.
However, our hope would be that we have some multiplexes on before Spring 2011.